1. Privacy Terms
- the information we collect about you when you visit our Platform including our Website, use our Applications and other products or services, or otherwise interact with us;
- how we use, share, store, and secure the information; and
- how you may access and control the information.
2. Owner and Data Controller
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post to: Bradley Dowding-Young, Data Controller, Silentmode Limited, Room 316, 50 Bonham Strand, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
3. What information we collect about you
3.1 We collect the following types of information about you:
- account and profile information that you provide when you register for an account or sign up for our products or services, for example your name and email address (collectively, “Account Data”);
- information you provide through support channels, for example when you report a problem to us or interact with our support team, including any contact information, documentation, or screenshots (collectively, “Support Data”);
- communication, marketing, and other preferences that you set when you set up your account or profile, or when you participate in a survey or a questionnaire that we send you (collectively, “Preference Data”);
- information about your device or connection, for example device type and IP address and information we collect through cookies and other data collection technologies (please read our Cookies Policy for details) (collectively, “Technical Data”);
- and Information about your use of or visit to our Platform (collectively, “Usage Data”).
3.2 We collect the above information when you provide it to us or when you use or visit our Platform.
3.3 We do not collect sensitive data or special category data about you. This includes details about your race, ethnic origin, politics, religion, trade union membership, genetics, biometrics, health, or sexual orientation.
4. How we use information we collect
4.1 We only use your personal information where the law allows us to. We use your personal information only where:
- we need to perform the contract we have entered into (or are about to enter into) with you, including to operate our products or services, to provide customer support and personalised features, and to protect the safety and security of our Platform;
- it satisfies a legitimate interest which is not overridden by your fundamental rights or data protection interests, for example for research and development, and in order to protect our legal rights and interests;
- you've given us consent to do so for a specific purpose, for example we may send you direct marketing materials or publish your information as part of our testimonials or customer stories to promote our products or services with your permission; or
- we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
4.2 If you have given us consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent any time by contacting us (please refer to paragraph 2 for contact information), but please note this will not affect any use of your information that has already taken place.
4.3 We do not share your personal information with any company outside our group for marketing purposes, unless with your express specific consent to do so.
5. How we share information we collect
5.1 We may share personal information on aggregated or de-identified basis with third parties for research and analysis, profiling, and similar purposes to help us improve our products and services.
5.3 Our Platform may contain links to third-party websites over which we have no control. If you follow a link to any of these websites or submit information to them, your information will be governed by their policies. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of third-party websites before you submit information to them.
5.4 We may share your information with government and law enforcement officials to comply with applicable laws or regulations, for example when we respond to claims, legal processes, law enforcement, or national security requests.
5.5 If we are acquired by a third party as a result of a merger, acquisition, or business transfer, your personal information may be disclosed and/or transferred to a third party in connection with such transaction. We will notify you if such a transaction takes place and inform you of any choices you may have regarding your information.
6. Use of Data Processors
Data processors are third parties who process your personal information on our behalf. We have contracts in place with our data processors. This means that they cannot do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do it. They will not share your personal information with any organisation apart from us. They will hold it securely and retain it for the period we instruct. Data processors we use include (but are not limited to the following:
Web Hosting: Our Website is hosted by Shopify on servers based in the USA.
Data Processing Service: Server hosting
Data Processing location: USA
Email Hosting Provider: If you email us, you will be providing us with your email address. In addition, you may choose to provide us with other personal information, such as your name or address. We will only process your personal information in order to respond to your query. Our email hosting provider is Google.
Data Processing Services: Email hosting
Data Processing location: USA
Payment processing: This service allows this Platform to connect with your account on PayPal.
Data Processing Services: Payment processing
Data Processing location: USA
Facebook Analytics: Facebook Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Facebook Inc. (“Facebook”). Facebook utilizes data collected to track and examine the use of the Platform, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Facebook services. Facebook may use the data collected to contextualise and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
Data Processing Services: Analytics
Data Processing location: USA
7. How we store and secure information we collect
7.1 We use data hosting service providers based in the United States to host the information we collect.
7.2 We have adopted the following measures to protect the security and integrity of your personal information:
7.3 Access to your personal information is restricted to personnel or service providers on a strictly need-to-know basis, who will only process your information on our instructions and who are subject to a duty of confidentiality our information collection, storage, and processing practices are reviewed regularly.
7.4 We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected privacy breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
7.5 While we implement safeguards designed to protect your information, please note that no transmission of information on the Internet is completely secure. We cannot guarantee that your information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or processed by us, is absolutely safe and secure.
8. Your rights
8.1 You have the right to:
- be informed of what we do with your personal information;
- request a copy of personal information we hold about you;
- require us to correct any inaccuracy or error in any personal information we hold about you;
- request erasure of your personal information (note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for record keeping purposes, to complete transactions, or to comply with our legal obligations);
- object to or restrict the processing by us of your personal information (including for marketing purposes);
- request to receive some of your personal information in a structured, commonly used, and machine readable format, and request that we transfer such information to another party; and
- withdraw your consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal information (although this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent).
8.2 You may opt out of receiving marketing materials from us by contacting us at email@example.com. Please note, however, that even if you opt out from receiving marketing materials from us, you will continue to receive notifications or information from us that are necessary for the use of our products or services.
8.3 As a security measure, we may need specific information from you to help us confirm your identity when processing your privacy requests or when you exercise your rights.
8.4 We will respond to all legitimate requests within one (1) month. Occasionally, it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or if you have made a number of requests.
9. Changes to this policy
10. Policy towards children
10.1 Our products and services are not directed to individuals under 16. We do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under 16. If we become aware that an individual under 16 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information. Contact us if you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected information from an individual under 16.
Last updated: October 2021